Yesterday was one of those days where things were just a little off, ya know? Neither of my kids napped very long (which is very unlike them!), their eating schedules were totally wacky, and every time I tried to get them ready to leave the house, something came up.
Someone called.
I changed the infant's diaper.
The toddler got halfway dressed then played hide & seek.
As I dressed the infant, he dirtied his fresh diaper.
When I grabbed for a new diaper, the infant crawled away.
I then finished dressing the toddler, minus shoes.
I fixed up the infant and finally managed to
get him
I got shoes on the toddler, and out the door we finally went!
*I mention all this because it's such a contrast from the kids' typically mellow ways in conjunction with my typically efficient efforts--it must have been a full moon or something 'cuz these two were all over the place!
Since others were out enjoying the day as well, we arrived at a halfway-crowded park, but fortunately people started heading home within minutes and there was no wait for swings! We didn't stay long, as the sun was trying to set and I didn't want to be a target for after-dark creeps in the park!
This was Josiah's first big boy swing at the park, and he enjoyed it! He wasn't as giggly as I'd anticipated he might be, but he surely smiled and had fun! Kyleigh had a blast, as usual! Hopefully our nice weather will continue and Daddy will get to join us for some slides and merry-go-rounds soon!
"Look Mom, no hands!"

Such an adventurous spirit!

When she wasn't being a dare-devil, Kyleigh kept a close eye on Josiah, making sure he felt ok in the big boy swing!

Josiah was fine, he had fun!

Me with my 2 cute dates on Friday night!


1 comment:
The pics are sweet!
Post a Comment