Thursday, February 5, 2009

Holding Hands


Like my kids, my brother and I are 18 months apart in age (however, in our situation he's the older bro and I'm the younger sis). I've heard stories of our infant/toddler stages, during which we apparently held hands and enjoyed one another's company. Somewhere after that stage, though, he and I didn't always like each other too much until adulthood!

KyKy and Siah are such opposites--she's independent, he's anything but! Kyleigh enjoys teaching her brother to use toys (even if he's already a pro at the particular toy, she tries to teach anyway, plus she teaches him to movements like 'shake', 'twist', etc) and loves helping him any way she can
(like earlier today when he was too lazy to
hold his own sippy cup, she held it for him!).


They're also similar in some random ways, though. I have found some old pics of Kyleigh playing in similar ways to Josiah at approx. the same age...here are some photos of each at about 7 months old playing "phone". They both luv it when we use the real phone to call Daddy at work or they sometimes leave surprise messages for Auntie Milla or Grandma & Grandpa! Notice they both balance the phone on their shoulder? They learned multitasking from Mommy!





(KyKy playing "phone" 7 mo)








(Josiah playing "phone" 7 mo)





Kyleigh and Josiah like each other soooo much, and every single time they're buckled into their neighboring car seats, they hold hands. It's so sweet. I don't remember that stage with my bro...I only recall the poking and pushing and yelling which caused our parents to react with a harsh glance to the backseat of the car in conjunction with the threat of,
"Don't make me come back there!". Sure, someday I could be shooting behavior-correcting glances toward my kids in the back seat, but for now I'm just jealous that I must drive and can't "come back there" to sit between those lovable kiddos!


If we had a third child, they wouldn't all fit in one row of car seats, so I guess we'd then have to have a fourth child so they could hold hands two-by-two. Is that a good reason for me to have 2 more kids??? Maybe not! But seriously, if you saw their yummy sweetness, you'd think it, too!
I hope my kids will be holding hands forever!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay now they are the cutest ever... what a sweet Big sis and an absolutely adorable lil bro...
love the pics guys...
love you all too...lots!!!

"children are truly a heritage from the Lord"

CD said...

Sweet!!!!!! Yes, that is a very good reason to have 2 more! Fill up that van! :0) We have one more seat in our Armada, LOL...& 5 more in our van, if we take 2 vehicles, HAHAHA!

Jessica said...

CB, that's funny! Your 5 are such awesome, beautiful kids, I can totally picture you having so many more that you have to take 2 vehicles all the time!