One of Kyleigh's favorite phrases to say/sign is, "All done!",
and today she had a great occasion to exclaim it!

Today we had to take both kids to the pediatrician for their booster shots. Kyleigh's come in contact with soooooo many needles in her 2 years that she's not a fan of her medical appointments. She's also protective of Josiah, and not a fan of his medical appointments either! This morning's appointment went well, though, and we were
extremely proud of how well both kids did.
I didn't get any photos of the actual needle pricks (which I typically do during their appointments for the first year). None of Kyleigh, as she's obviously past her first year; plus I picked her up to view a mural (aka 'distraction') while the nurse quickly stabbed her thigh! She cried and said,
"Solly, I solly", which is toddler speak for, "Sorry, I'm sorry." Sometimes she says sorry to apologize when she feels she's done wrong, and other times she says it to say that someone's hurting her (like when I'm brushing her hair and snag a tangle, she's reminding me to say "sorry" when it hurts!). We assured her she'd done nothing wrong and the sweet nurse apologized for hurting her, plus gave her a cool sticker to help coax the return of her smile.
No pics of Josiah's needle prick either, as it was just a quick booster shot, not a real pediatric appointment. Plus, the nurse poked JoJo (being held on his daddy's lap)
as I was consoling KyKy.
I did, however, get photos of our happy kids as we left the office! Kyleigh was so excited, as the nurse told her that she needed NO MORE SHOTS until age 4! That's 2 years...she's had enough poking and prodding in the past two, so as parents Chris and I were tremendously thrilled for her! There was cheering and clapping, Chris and I both started to get teary-eyed -- this was wonderful news for our tiny princess.

Josiah cried for only a couple seconds. He was mostly stunned and/or offended by the needle prick surprise from the otherwise kind nurse, but then he was totally fine. He was done being upset before his big sister, who'd gone first!
Siah's such a strong little man!

and today she had a great occasion to exclaim it!

Today we had to take both kids to the pediatrician for their booster shots. Kyleigh's come in contact with soooooo many needles in her 2 years that she's not a fan of her medical appointments. She's also protective of Josiah, and not a fan of his medical appointments either! This morning's appointment went well, though, and we were
extremely proud of how well both kids did.
I didn't get any photos of the actual needle pricks (which I typically do during their appointments for the first year). None of Kyleigh, as she's obviously past her first year; plus I picked her up to view a mural (aka 'distraction') while the nurse quickly stabbed her thigh! She cried and said,
"Solly, I solly", which is toddler speak for, "Sorry, I'm sorry." Sometimes she says sorry to apologize when she feels she's done wrong, and other times she says it to say that someone's hurting her (like when I'm brushing her hair and snag a tangle, she's reminding me to say "sorry" when it hurts!). We assured her she'd done nothing wrong and the sweet nurse apologized for hurting her, plus gave her a cool sticker to help coax the return of her smile.
No pics of Josiah's needle prick either, as it was just a quick booster shot, not a real pediatric appointment. Plus, the nurse poked JoJo (being held on his daddy's lap)
as I was consoling KyKy.
I did, however, get photos of our happy kids as we left the office! Kyleigh was so excited, as the nurse told her that she needed NO MORE SHOTS until age 4! That's 2 years...she's had enough poking and prodding in the past two, so as parents Chris and I were tremendously thrilled for her! There was cheering and clapping, Chris and I both started to get teary-eyed -- this was wonderful news for our tiny princess.

Josiah cried for only a couple seconds. He was mostly stunned and/or offended by the needle prick surprise from the otherwise kind nurse, but then he was totally fine. He was done being upset before his big sister, who'd gone first!
Siah's such a strong little man!


3 comments:
Two years is a great break! She'll have forgotten all about them by then, unless you let her watch her brothers' shots. She's getting so big!
They are so cute, I love how she says "Sorry" :) You have beautiful kiddos & I am so happy she gets a 2 yr break!
Kyleigh is so adorable, and Josiah has the best smile! Auntie Milla is so proud of them!
Post a Comment