Sunday, December 21, 2008

Random Encounters!

The kids and I had a great trip to and from Clarksville today. The kids slept part of the drive to TN and part of the drive back, which was a wonderful way to compensate for the nap they'd usually have at home. Once we got to C'ville we dropped off Kyleigh's baby furniture to a family that needs it, and we were glad to do so!

Then we met up w/ our good friends Josh and Natalie at one of my fave Clarksville spots, Don Ponchos. Mmmmmmm, Don Ponchos! I haven't been there in so long! The kids and I arrived first and settled into a booth. Siah tried to sleep as KyKy and I were being silly to pass the time. Of course while I had a mouthful of chips and salsa (Yum!) someone recognized me and came over to chat! It was Chad & Crysal plus their beautiful 8 month old son Christian!
Chad's the lead singer in the band O.A.T.H., a group for whom my hubby led Bible study when we lived in C'ville.


***(Click here for their music)***

We last saw them in the fall doing a concert here in Bowling Green when they'd just discovered they were expecting. We chat online from time to time, but it was so amazing to meet their fantastic son in person! I got to play with him a lil' bit before he fell asleep in his mommy's arms. They didn't know I'd be in town-- talk about random encounters! And of course it would be when I planned a quick road trip and wore no makeup--Aaahh!

Josh and Natalie and I got to eat, play with Josiah a little, and laugh at Kyleigh trying to feed Peanut, her stuffed elephant doll! It was a short visit, but I'm thankful for the time to catch up. Plus they've RSVP'd to Kyleigh's upcoming bday party so we'll get to hang out with these friends again soon!

Arriving back in BG, it was time for Josiah to eat and Chris was about to take a short break, so the kids and I got to meet up with Daddy-o today, too! With his CrAzY work schedule, we're kinda hit & miss these days, so any family time is greatly appreciated. And while I should feel exhausted from all that's been going on around here, I actually feel refreshed, as it was wonderful to spend time with people who hold great value in our lives!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had such great visits with friends! You look beautiful without make-up by the way. Hope you get the cam soon, my Mom got her package today & it was sent same day as yours! love u guys!