Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Major Milestone for My Lil' Man!

Because of Josiah's stomach issues, sitting up can sometimes be comfortable, but more often it's completely uncomfortable or even painful. He's had a Bumbo seat for a short while, and we've been working with him at sitting unassisted as well. So far he'd only been sitting alone for a couple seconds at a time before rolling/falling over (you may have seen video clip on recent blog). Then last night Chris got him to sit for quite a few seconds, long enough for me to get some still pics! Yay! Knowing Josiah will be 6 months old this week, I woke this morning feeling inspired to help him accomplish more!



This morning was a little too busy to sit...for all of us! But while Kyleigh ate, I put on Baby Einstein's "Baby's First Moves" DVD. Both the kids love our 25pc Baby Einstein DVD collection, with music, movement, and animals. I hoped to get Josiah's mind off the task of sitting while he watched the motivating big kids sit, stand, jump, etc. And it worked! I videotaped him sitting alone for a couple of quick 10-30 second stints. Then, before I knew it, he was sitting unassisted for 2 & 1/2 minutes! Wow! (And yes, I recorded!)

May not seem like much to other parents, as I know that other kids can achieve this milestone earlier in life. But he's not other kids. He's my JoJo, and I'm so proud of him for persevering through all his struggles to reach such wonderful baby milestones--and still a smidge ahead of schedule!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my boy.....!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay, way to go, Josiah! Way to make your Mama proud :0) (& your Aunts, Uncles, & Cousins)