Wednesday, July 21, 2010

$1 Deals


It was suggested to me to check out the $1 bargain section at our local Target store for some educational materials for my lil' kiddos. I'm not supposed to walk in big chain stores or department stores because of my current level of back pain, but I was out and about town for an appointment today and had items to exchange there, so I stopped in w/ the kids.

I thought that since the bargain section is at the very front of the store it would be a quick, easy stop. And I'd suspected I would pick through the "leftover" items that have been on the shelves a few days, and maybe I'd find a handful of things...but that wasn't the case at all!


I found:

(try not to mind the bad pics, the lighting is terrible)


23 workbooks (various subj: coloring, math, science, etc)
8 dry erase practice mats (writing, math, games)

5 classic novels
5 preschool puzzles (body parts, animals, etc)
2 lg 100-pc puzzles (USA & space)


3 indiv fun dry erase boards w/ multiple markers
dictionary/thesaurus/Spanish dictionary +
math bingo/alphabet bingo/time bingo

20 pkgs of flash cards (various subjects)


***That's 72 items!
(I thought there was 1 more, Spanish words on flashcards, but I'm going to look around and see if I come across it)

My kids love to learn, so finding materials that
combine fun and education is great!
And at $1 a piece, even better!



1 comment:

Jordan Carroll said...

Wow! What a great deal! I'll have to check it out when we get home!