Thursday, July 22, 2010

36 out of 40


Wow, we're getting so close to meeting Addison!

Oh, the anticipation!!!


I really don't know how to make an ordinary update exciting, as it's kind of just the same ol' stuff as we wait through these next couple of weeks. Our girl's growing, and staying active. I'm also growing, but not so active! Ha! There's no way to say it without sounding like a whiner, but I'm simply hurting. My back discomfort keeps me from standing long, sitting long, or walking very far at all (seriously, at home it's on a room-to-room basis!).

I've been going to PT once or twice a week, and tomorrow I'm getting another massage (Chris sent me 2 wks ago, and it was just heavenly!). We're trying anything to reduce pain and discomfort at this point.

It's that time in our journey where I have weekly OB appointments and all is going well according to my doc. Because I was so petite at the start of this pregnancy, my doc encouraged me to try to gain 30-35 lbs. So far, we're 36 weeks down and 31 lbs up, so we're on a wonderful track!

If all remains healthy with Baby and me, my doc has scheduled an induction on a date we know she's on-call and will get to deliver for us. My babies love to stay put in my cozy womb, so both Kyleigh and Josiah were induced in their 40th week, so I'm prepared for the process. Anything from about 37/38 wks on is "full-term" and reaching that point is really our only plan right now--and that's just a couple weeks away! If you've ever had a baby, ya know it's all a wait & see process, so we'll wait and see! Here's hoping for a couple more weeks and maybe a couple more pounds!

3 comments:

Jordan Carroll said...

Awww, Jessica. I know how uncomfortable you are right now! I was in so much pain with Noah! But, you have a great attitude about it! And I must say that you look fabulous!! Just all belly and with that mama glow! ;)

Jessica said...

Oh, Jordan, thank you! That's waaaay too kind! I appreciate the compliment...don't think I can honestly agree with you, but it sounds so great! :)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

You're getting closer! Hang in there! Thanks for your prayers for Steve, he is doing great!