Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day


On Father's Day Chris had no presents to open because he got them all early! That never happens in our family since I'm basically obsessed with scheming to give surprises and keeping secrets up until the celebratory occasion! This year, however...

Chris pieced together some information and all but figured out his big gift early. It was a hard secret to keep from him since I ordered it from where he was working and all his coworkers knew! He even confronted me and asked me direct questions, and it worked out best to just fess up and let him have his watch! (It was worth the spoiled surprise, though, because I got to use his employee discount upon ordering! LOL) I knew that my guy liked this one a lot, would never get it for himself, and I got a terrific deal on it! Chris loves it and appreciated the thoughtful present, so that meant more than which day he actually received it!

And then his other "gifts" were clothes he needed. I couldn't surprise Chris with clothes because the kind of dress pants he likes best were discontinued in stores, so we had to go through the process of finding a new style and trying them on--which Hubby hates to do! Also, he needed new shirts/ties for work, so we all went shopping together to select those items as well. He got 6 shirts, 5 neckties, and 2 pair of pants. We found everything on sale at fabulous bargains, so it wasn't stressful at all (except keeping up with the kids in stores--that's exhausting!)

Father's Day isn't about gifts and "stuff", but since Chris is an amazing dad it's nice to have a holiday to recognize his amazing role as a father and treat him to sweet things since he looks after our family all the time. I'm so thankful my baby-daddy loves Christ, loves me, and loves our children with his whole heart and being! ♥

1 comment:

Grandpa, Grandma, Moriah said...

Happy Belated Daddy's day!
You are an AWESOME Daddy...

We love you