I truly love getting older, but until last year I hadn't celebrated my birthday since I was a teenager. In '09 I let my hubby talk me into going out to dinner w/ friends--only so long as there were no gifts and no surprises! It was a nice time, so this year we tried something else...
No dinner, no party, but this year I did notify my husband of gifts/acts of service that would interest me. Of course rather than just choosing one or two of those suggestions, he just ran with the whole list...and then some! I think he was happy to finally be able to do something for me after all the years we've been together! Hehehe
My list of interests I expressed went something like this:
*Clean the minivan inside & out
(typically I would, but my PT has prohibited certain work)
*A particular Bible study/personal study book & guide
*Buy One Get One Free Bebe Au Lait Nursing Covers
*3D/4D Ultrasound of Addison
My birthday loot went something like this:
*I got to take a nap
*Bday Cards from Chris and kiddos
*Scratch-off ticket...won another ticket!
*My hubby had the minivan washed/detailed last wknd
*Chris got a deal on my books & they arrived UPS on time!

*Cupcakes--Kyleigh picked them out w/ shimmery sprinkles!
*Milanos (I only eat these twice a year, they're addicting!)
*Nursing covers due this wk (1 surprise pattern, 1 below)
The gifts and gestures were very nice, but mostly what I appreciated was that my husband simply listened to the desires of my heart and made attempts to fulfill my wishes. People say men don't listen--not always true, or I'm just a really lucky chick! I'm so grateful my husband was willing to do things I couldn't do for myself and to treat me to things I wouldn't have given myself! The thought he put into each thing was super sweet! So far so good, and I think 28 is gonna be great!
4 comments:
I loved my nursing cover! How as that 3D ultrasound? Cool!
You look amazing and very content.
Your hubby is very thoughtful.
I remember that you love those cookies, so when I was on the plane on the way to Hawaii and they handed those out as our snack, I thought of you! Glad your b-day was super. Happy 28!
What a wonderful hubby! Way to go Chris! Glad 28 was a great one! Oh, and you look adorable! :)
So glad your birthday was so blessed....
Wish we could have celebrated with you....
PS: Grandma & Grandpa are looking forward to seeing Baby Addison's pic...
Love and hugs
Post a Comment