Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Surprise Baby Gift!


Two months ago I discovered a baby bathtub that I want for Addison. I posted about it here on the blog and on Facebook. At the time,
it was unavailable and I wasn't crazy about the $40 price tag, either, so I just moved on to thinking about other priorities. (Yeah, if you know me at all, you know it's just not in my DNA to buy a $40 infant tub!)

Then today my dear friend Cayla surprised me with a baby gift! She called me and excitedly told me she had something to give me. The kids and I
stopped by her place to see what in the world she was up to...

She'd found this at Target!


When we arrived, she told me the story of this awesome discovery. Cayla warned me that she was breaking all etiquette rules because it wasn't an occasion, it wasn't wrapped, and she just had to tell me the deal she found!

She wasn't even in the baby section when she discovered it! It was in a cart of items that an employee was putting away in proper places. Near the greeting cards of all places, Cayla spotted this big box, realized it was available for sale, and snatched it up! THEN, even better, she saw the CLEARANCE sticker on the box, and got to buy it for 75% off!!!

I'm glad Cayla told me that because I'm not great at accepting gifts, and I think she knew I'd have declined if I thought she spent a crazy $40 on an infant bathtub! And because we both love a great deal, I was excited to share in her great shopping bargain! It's so fabulous, and I can't wait to try it out with Addison! Yay!

*Thanks C-Dub...you completely made my day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still giddy about it! You're very welcome!