Aside from trying to fit into my favorite jeans again, I don't think I've mentioned much to others about the effects of motherhood on my physical being, but I'll do so now. The good news is my children were polite guests of the womb and didn't cause much "damage" as other mothers experience during and after pregnancy.
My first pregnancy, with Kyleigh, left virtually no trace that she'd ever once dwelled in my belly! I didn't really severly show 'til about the 3rd trimester, meaning I maybe looked like I needed to suck in my tummy before that, but didn't look pregnant. At the time of delivery I thought I was huge...but my second pregnancy would change that perspective! LOLAnyway, I had NO stretchmarks, and the 28lbs I'd gained melted off via breastfeeding. I didn't change my eating habits during or after the pregnancy, and I didn't excercise (I think I'm allergic to anything tougher than a brisk walk!). For a person who hasn't done a workout since jr. high PE class, my body was surprisingly toned and in great shape. And after Kyleigh was born I actually ended up in a smaller jeans size...
...And then I ended up pregnant again within 9 months!
My second pregnancy, with Josiah, was different from my first. For starters, I wasn't carrying a petite little girl, but a big ol' husky boy so I started showing earlier! And rather than a little round basketball shape in the center of my belly, JoJo was oblong and rode low---I mean low, like when I sat down he was trying to make my belly sit on my lap!I was still breastfeeding Kyleigh during the early months of the second pregnancy. Some chicks really like the "enhanced bosom" that accompanies motherhood, but that's one aspect where I didn't jump for joy. Before pregnancy I already had a chest size bordering on too-large for my small frame; so combined with chronic back problems, an enhanced bosom was not seen as a perk to me. I had 5 months between KyKy's weaning and Josiah's birth with no breastfeeding, and I was glad to be a bit smaller on top during that time! Then Josiah joined the world, and "the twins" are back to being even bigger again! (Oh, NO stretch marks on "the twins", which I've heard is common.)
And I didn't get any stretch marks while carrying Josiah--until the 9th month! And I'm fine with that--I believe these markings are the outward evidence of the miracle that was once inside. I got some light markings on my midsection which are already fading, but I know I got off pretty easy compared to some stories I've heard. A friend (who shall remain nameless out of privacy respect) told me of her stretch marks going from her pelvis to up underneath her breasts. My experience was extremely minimal in comparison.
As before, I've not changed my diet or begun any workout routine post-delivery. My weight's dropped via breastfeeding, so the 35lbs I gained isn't an issue, but I'm not toning up as easily as I did the first time around. While pregnant I'd said that I realized I may have to excercise the baby weight off this time...but I think I've been secretly holding out hope for it to magically disappear!
Maybe I'll get trim or maybe I won't, but I'm happy with who I am, and I proudly wear the shape of a mother! - - - - - >>>
1 comment:
Hi Jessica! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! I would love to give you guys more info on our group or to your friend, can you give me your email address or hers? I would love to get to know her and her precious child!
BTW Your pics are beautiful!!
Post a Comment