Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rivers & Spires/ Family Night


Friday was not an easy day. There were frustrating moments of dealing with people I don't desire to deal with, and my kids acted as though they'd been kidnapped by aliens and returned with their brains rearranged--they were just so whacked out I couldn't think of any other explanati
on! I honestly didn't expect the day to wrap up well at all, but I was pleasantly surprised!

Chris typically works 'til 6pm on Fridays, but this time hubby got out early! Woot! (Yes, I was thrilled--the guy works 7 days a w
eek so every extra minute together counts!) His bank branch had a "focus week" where they concentrate on meeting a particular business goal...& Chris not only met the goal but blew it out of the water by 150% (God is good!), which earned him the opportunity to leave work at 4:30pm! He ran an errand, we got the kids ready, grabbed some fast-food, and headed to the Rivers & Spires (an annual festival downtown)!
Kyleigh and Josiah really liked the crafty kid projects and fun giveaways they got to bring home.

We saw friends both old and new, and it was a treat to spend time with so many people. One such person we chatted with is a daycare provider Ms. Doris, for whom I used to work when Chris and I were newlyweds. She knew that back in those days Chris and I were merely hoping to someday start a family of our own, and this weekend she got an up-close view of just how God answered those prayers! We were pleased to learn how God's blessed her home and family in recent years as well...beautiful time.
Ms. Doris also gifted our kids with a "first"...their first DumDum lollipops! These have been offered to our kids before, but the individual wrappers don't list ingredients so as a general rule we decline. This time when the treat was offered Chris was able to search the ingredients online via BlackBerry, and he found that DumDum lollipops are:
Gluten/Dairy/ Peanut/Tree Nut/Egg/Fish/Shellfish-free! Woot!
And our kids loved every last lick of their lollipops!
Apparently Siah's candy made him thirsty for water...

And he even shared a sip w/ Mommy & Addison!

We all got to enjoy the music and time as a family.
Chris and Conrad

Big Daddy Weave

♥ My favorite hubby & Me ♥

Me with Big Girl Kyleigh

Kyleigh danced w/ her dad & waived to musicians

Sleepy Siah danced & smooched during the concert!

4 comments:

Summer said...

Was your family really on a magazine cover or is it just some sort of photo they gave you?

Glad you had a fun time!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

What a blessing that you got to got to that festival together. Our family loves festivals!

Jessica said...

Summer, it was a cover used for each indiv/family photo taken at R & S. Cute idea, right?! It wasn't a perfect pic, but ya know I take 4 people looking the same general direction as success!

Jordan Carroll said...

So glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the weekend as a family! Your little belly is adorable! :)