Saturday, August 22, 2009

Broken Camera, Broken Heart


See the stick figure drawings above? ↑↑↑
Get used to 'em, it's the only way you'll recognize us.

A few months ago (December, actually--right before Josiah's first Christmas!), our old camera went to Camera Heaven. Since then we've been using an old one my brother and sister-in-law sent us. It had some issues so they'd replaced it with the one they're currently using, and it was handy they still had their older camera around and were so generous to let us use it. Well, we made it to August and as of last night that camera is dunzo.

I take lots of photos! I don't take really phenomenal photographs or anything, but if you know me, you know I take many pics. I don't really have many pics of my childhood, so I guess that's part of why I'm obsessed with capturing the kids' special/funny/sad/sweet moments!


Deep down I realize that it's just an object and that it's trivial in the overall scheme of things. But
the timing of this is just terrible and my heart is broken because we can't afford to get a new camera right now. I really am devastated and so completely sad because tomorrow is, of all things, our 6th anniversary---an occasion I'd want to take pictures of!


2 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Bummer!

dad, mom and moriah said...

I am sad for you,,, I know you love taking those pics and do such a great job... We have one that you can use (doesn't have a memory card, but it works...)
Cell phone pics will be good for a short time...

HAVE A TOTALLY AWESOME ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION TOO>>>>>

We love you guys...