Sunday, October 5, 2008

Getting so much for so little


This weekend lots of great stuff arrived to us in the mail!

The first delivery was a DVD. And here's the shocker...it's about fitness! LOL I don't know that I'll actually use it, but I figured there was a greater likelihood of trying it if it were actually in my house! I'm no longer concerned with weight loss because the baby weight has dropped off, it's just a desire to get more active and tone up. Maybe my hubby will keep me accountable--we'll see.
~~~Retails for $19.99
~~~I paid only
$ 7.50
~~~Savings of
$12.49





The next arrival was our Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo for Josiah! Yaay!

~~~Retails for $89.99+tax+shipping (online)
~~~I paid only $62.00 incl. tax and FREE shipping
~~~Savings of $30.00-35.00 approx



Speaking of hands-free, the next item to arrive was our Moby Wrap. I didn't buy a gently used one because I've never used this type and wanted to know for certain what shape it was in before putting my precious baby inside! If I use more in the future I'll likely buy an open-box deal.
~~~Most colors cost about
$40.00+tax+shipping
~~~UV protect/rare colors
$45-55.00+tax+shipping
~~~I got UV protect @
$40.00 NO tax & FREE shipping

~~~Savings of approximately $15-20.00


And on Tuesday we're getting a Bumbo for Josiah! Yaay! We had a lavender one for Kyleigh, but when she outgrew it we gifted it to another little girl. Besides, it would be nice to have a gender-neutral color this time! I can't remember if it's the Green or Lime Green color we're getting, but either way it'll be great...especially for the price!
~~~Retails for $37.95 + tax
~~~I paid only
$20.00 total
~~~Savings of
$20.00 approx.

Frugal as I am, it bothers me that we've spent that much money in the past week, but I'm pleased with the great bargains and know these are investments that will be used by JoJo and me for a long time (well, maybe not the fitness DVD!), and possibly future kiddos.


I love a great deal, and with Christmas on the way I'd luv for readers to share their bargain hunting secrets with me! So please leave me a comment here or email me w/ your successful shopping ideas! Thanks!

No comments: